Re: v.90 and K56Flex compat (was Re: (PM) modem compatibility (fwd))

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 14:42:27 -0700

I'm glad and willing to wait for Lucent to release good solid code. Ascend
and Rockwell have a history of jumping the gun and running into millions of
problems.. USR probably isn't any better.

On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 04:03:54PM -0500, Dave Stewart wrote:
> At 02:08 PM 2/11/98 -0600, Thomas Tsai wrote:
> >When exactly will the V.PCM upgrade be available for the PM3? According
>
> Heh... you don't actually, honestly, truly expect that Lucent's going to
> give you a date, do you? This has been hashed and rehashed on this list...
> Lucent will release new code "when it's ready" and you should never even
> think you might get a target date out of 'em (and this is as it should be).
>
> Not only do they not give "might be available in the spring" type answers,
> they're certainly not going to give an exact date.
>

> Dave Stewart
> System Manager
> Homenet Communications, Inc.

 - Steve