Garbled username (was Re: (PM) Win95 Client Connection Problem)

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:20:49 -1000 (HST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:

[snip]

> Second prompt for username & password, terminal window disabled in DUN.
>
> Checked his DUN & Network properties and only tcp/ip was enabled.

not sure if you got my posting... but check on your NAS what username he
comes in as... if it's garbled and he has WinXX most likely he needs to do
the DUN 1.2 upgrade as he may have done it in the past and reloaded the
old DUN. I just had one luser with that situation, and when I suggested
he get his Win95 cdrom ready called back to say 'oh... BTW, I put back the
upgrade I had earlier before I reloaded...'

8) just gotta love our clients...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood