Re: (PM) OSPF

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:13:08 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Daniel Camacho wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've just recieved my PM3's and was wondering if I can set
> them up without my T1 lines. My T1 lines are not ready
> yet, so I was wondering if I could go ahead and set my PM's
> up first.

Yes.

> Also, is there anyone out there that have multiple PM3's
> that use both line0 and line1 for their dial-up T1 connection
> and use a external CSU and router for their leased line? I
> just want to find out the basic way to get the PM3's up
> and running without having to digest the manual. Thanks.

Umm...yes this is probably the most common configuration.

First of all, there is NO WAY that we can help you configure your router
if you don't tell us what it is (you said your PM3 is using both lines for
dial-in, what's your router?).

Second, I recommend you *DO* digest the manual. It is pretty much a
requirement that you understand these things if you are going to run an
ISP... and that is well, sort of what the manual is for..

Third, lets *please* not start the External vs. Internal CSU thread again
folks..

> Daniel
> -

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/