Re: (PM) Routing a single IP

Tom Fellenz (tlf@livingston.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 14:48:01 -0800

Curtis,

I don't know of any synchronous interface card for "Dialup Networking"
in WIN95.

If you get stuck with having to install a router, probably the most
reliable, you can use a subnet with two hosts for his ethernet.

EXAMPLE:
x.x.x.32/30 - subnet (netmask for all devices = 255.255.255.252)
x.x.x.33 - ether0 of the router
x.x.x.34 - ethernet port of PC
x.x.x.35 - broadcast

Have a peek at the OR-LS, it may appeal to the customer, if he expects
his network to grow.

Regards,
Tom

At 04:03 PM 2/9/98 -0600, Curtis V. Schleich wrote:
>Hello, all! I have a client who wants to pay me to hook up his single home
>computer via a 56K frame relay line. (No ISDN in this corner of GTEland)
>
>I have two main questions:
>1.) Am I going to have to put a router and a network card in this guy's
>house for a single computer, or has anybody found a card for a PC running
>Win95?
>
>and the biggie . . .
>
>2.) Am I going to have to route him an entire subnet, or can I route him a
>single IP from the subnet that the router (PM2ER) is on?
>
>Thanks for your time!

>Curtis V. Schleich
>System Admin, CCAonline
>cvs@ccaonline.com
>217-735-2677

Tom Fellenz                                      Lucent Technologies, Inc

Technical Support Staff Engineer              Remote Access Business Unit
        tlf@livingston.com                 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA
94588
(800)458-9966                                   http://www.livingston.com