Re: (PM) Routing a single IP

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:46:05 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Curtis V. Schleich wrote:

> Hello, all! I have a client who wants to pay me to hook up his single home
> computer via a 56K frame relay line. (No ISDN in this corner of GTEland)
>
> I have two main questions:
> 1.) Am I going to have to put a router and a network card in this guy's
> house for a single computer, or has anybody found a card for a PC running
> Win95?

A router is the most obvious choice. A Lucent OR will do Frame Relay. I
know that there are some FR PCI cards, but they are not usually intended
for usage as CPE with a basic 56K link and are most likely not any cheaper
(Verify this though, as I haven't looked into this for a long time).

> and the biggie . . .
>
> 2.) Am I going to have to route him an entire subnet, or can I route him a
> single IP from the subnet that the router (PM2ER) is on?

Depends on the solution to #2 chosen. ;)

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/