Re: (PM) OSPF Question ...

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 14:19:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Juergen Unger wrote:

> Hi !
>
> you don't get the point ... I've talked about routes which are
> _not_ active but needed because there are dial-out locations.
> If these routes are not announced, IP packets from the outside
> would never reach the system and an dial-out location would
> never be used.

If the routes are showing up as "unknown" then the dial-out location is
not configured correctly. Each dial-out location that is configured gets
ptpX interface assigned to it which will show up in the routing table.
When the location is not active (connected) then the interface still
exists, but in a suspended state. What does your location entry look
like? I'm about 98% sure we propagate routes in this phase just like
normal...in fact I tempted to say completely sure, because we do that
here.

Let me know.

--jr

> bye,
> -Juergen-Unger-
>

> On Sun, Feb 08, 1998 at 03:22:25PM -0700, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> > The Portmaster will announce those when they are needed - active.
> >
> > On Sun, Feb 08, 1998 at 10:56:59PM +0100, Juergen Unger wrote:
> > > I've tested OSPF routing from our Portmasters to one of our Ciscos. Works
> > > fine. But one point I am missing: Is it right that the Portmaster only
> > > announces routes that are allready pointing to an active network
> > > interface? What about routes pointing to 'unknown' ? I would like to have
> > > them announced too because they are necessary for customers who get an
> > > dialout from us.
>
> --

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/