Re: (PM) OSPF Question ...

Juergen Unger (j.unger@choin.net)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 00:30:48 +0100

Hi !

On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 02:19:40PM -0800, Josh Richards wrote:
[...]
> If the routes are showing up as "unknown" then the dial-out location is
> not configured correctly. Each dial-out location that is configured gets
> ptpX interface assigned to it which will show up in the routing table.
> When the location is not active (connected) then the interface still
> exists, but in a suspended state. What does your location entry look
> like? I'm about 98% sure we propagate routes in this phase just like
> normal...in fact I tempted to say completely sure, because we do that
> here.

you're right. I changed the adressing in the locations from
the destination subnet to the gateway-host on the other end
of the line. Now it works. Seems that you cannot enter
the destination subnet at this point if you want to use ospf.
Dialout on demand is working in both cases but ospf don't.

thnx,
-Juergen-Unger-

--
CHOIN! HCT GmbH -- http://www.choin.net