Re: (PM) PORTMAN

Tom (tom@sdf.com)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 00:13:59 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 7 Feb 1998, Dick St.Peters wrote:

> _Drop_ in usage on weekends?!!
>
> Our usage is least on Mondays and increases monotonically each day,
> reaching a peak on Sunday. This is true for every NAS at every POP.

It is never that simple. Once you setup POPs in about 20 cities/towns
you can see that different areas have different usage patterns. It also
depends on what kind of customers you attract.

I see that POPs in high population areas are busiest on Mondays and
Tuesdays. The slowest day is Friday. Saturday and Sunday usage is high,
but most consistent during the day. Small towns generally have very high
weekend use. Also users in small towns spend more time on the Internet
per user than in big cities.

So basically, there is little point bantering about, that so-and-so has
usage X on day Y.

Tom