Re: (PM) V.8bis tone (fwd)

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 20:18:15 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Brian Elfert shaped the electrons to say...
> >Once new V.pcm code for the PM3 is released, will it still have that
> >V.8bis tone that screws up some modems?

I just did a quick scan on v.8bis and v.pcm ... and now I'm confused..

from :<URL:http://www.microsoft.com/hwdev/xpapers/nt/Ch04.htm>

V.8 defines advanced call-type selection, with complex information
exchanged between terminals; V.8 is used in V.34, V.pcm, and some
digital simultaneous voice/data (DSVD) implementations. V.8bis is
required for standard multimedia modes: V.61 ASVD, V.70 DSVD, and H.324
video telephony.

Anyone can help me with a website with info and/or webpage... I just spent
30 minutes looking at http://www.csrstds.com/ and going crazy.. the itu
site is a member service... And now I'm getting confused about talk of
implementing v.8 during the 3 second quiet time... and apparently there
is some mention by someone in Israel regarding backward compatibility with
v.34 modems.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood