Re: (PM) dialback between a PM3 and a Cisco 2503

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 6 Feb 1998 18:36:15 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 5 Feb 1998, Jean-Gabriel Cabanas wrote:

> Hi all,
> I would like to connect one of our customers that own a Cisco 2503 with
> a dialback connection i.e. : he has his SMTP server on a subnet and when
> mails arrive...we make a call with the PM3..and then the cisco calls me
> back...
> 1/ Is it possible..?
> 2/How can we do it...

1. Yes at least on the PM side to get it to dial-out to him when something
tries to connect to his subnet. I'd imagine you can do the other part on
the Cisco to get it to call us back, we don't have to do anything special
for that.

2. Configure a "location" profile on the PM3 and set it to "Dial On
Demand". Add a static route on the PM3 for their network to that
interface. It will dialup the user anytime that someone tries to reach
their network.

> Any help greatly appreciated..
> Jean-Gabriel Cabanas
> Alcyonis Global Internet

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/