(PM) Motorola Modemsurfr 56K (again)

Walter Parker (walterp@iea.com)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:51:11 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

The phone numbers in the previous message where made up. Both phone numbers
work just fine.

Maybe I wasn't clear.

For the server, I have a pm2e with 8 ISDN lines, giving 16 Single B channels
(64K each) in a hunt group with a single hunt number. I also have 2 seperate
ISDN phone lines with 4 seperate phone numbers for 4 additional single B
channels (64K each).

Port S27 has phone number xyz-abcd
Port S28 has phone number xyz-defg

These ports are unnumbered and on the same box.

I have an OR-U at home where I have an ISDN line with 2 channels, S1 and S2.
How do set the location so that dials xyz-abcd for one channel and xyz-defg
for the other channel automatically. The PAP box only has room for one
number. If I put xyz-abcd in it, it connects to that number. Then while I am
still connected, if I put xyz-defg in as the number, the second OR-U ISDN
line connects right up.

I will try changing the OR-U from Max Ports 2, no multilink to Max Ports 1,
multilink when I get home, but I don't see how it is going to know what
number to dial for the second line without telling it (These numbers don't
hunt to additional numbers)

-- Walter

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep,
And lines to code before I sleep, And lines to code before I sleep."