Re: (PM) pm2 comos 3.7.2 (fwd)

Gary (gary@hroads.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:20:47 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Gary shaped the electrons to say...
> >I have a PM2ER and a PM2E. They are both connected to a Microcom rack.
> >Yesterday I switched from ComOS 3.3.3 to 3.7.2. Today I'm having a bunch
> >of users complaining about mysterious disconnects after about 1-2 minutes.
> >Is there something new that 3.7.2 has that 3.3.3 doesn't as far as serial
> >ports go? All my settings seem to be intact (I checked idle time first).
>
> No, but it does have a lot of new things where routing is concerned, etc.
>
> 3.3.3 is very old. I'd read the release notes to 3.5, 3.7, and 3.7.2 to
> catch up on all of the things that have been changed.

Yeah, I read the release notes first. I've ruled out 3.7.2 as the cause of
my problems (it persisted after I downgraded the PM2). We cried to the
telco and they shuffled some of their cards around. Seems to have fixed
the problem, but I feel like I'm trying to nail jello to the wall.

BTW the help system on 3.7.2 is really messed up. I know you already know
about this MZ. Thank god Livingston puts out their manual in PDF.