Re: (PM) Interesting Connect-Info Strings (fwd)

Scott Winders (winders@netgate.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 03:44:31 -0800 (PST)

MZ,

I am using ComOS 3.7.2 and Radius 2.0.1.

I don't think you can mix and match LAPM/V42BIZ and MNP/MNP5. Yes, LAPM
(v.42) is error correction and MNP5 is error correction. But I don't think
that MNP5 works with LAPM and I don't think that v.42bis works with MNP.
At least my handy USR Courier manual implies this and it is not one of the
messages the modem can return.

Scott Winders
winders@netgate.net