Re: (PM) Stac comp in raddb/users

Scott Winders (winders@netgate.net)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 19:01:44 -0800 (PST)

Scotter,

It was just an example. Another would be allowing some ISDN customers to
use compression and not others (and charge extra for the priviledge).
There is a big difference in potential bandwidth usage between 2
B-channels no compression and 2 B-channels with compression.

By the way, a fast Windows 95 machine using STAC has the potential to use
20 to 30 percent more bandwidth than a fast Windows 95 machine using
v.42bis.

I don't know about the rest of you out there, but bandwidth used by a
customer is a major factor in determining what I charge for an account.

Scott Winders
winders@netgate.net