Re: (PM) Max Connect Speed

Christophe Prevotaux (nighty@hexanet.fr)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 11:11:56 +0000

I believe that we he wants to do is let users be able to login
thru Async and ISDN 64k ( and not 128K or higher :))

In fact I want to know how to do this as well
because we have users that when in the office use ISDN
and when on the road use Async Analog Modems :)

So with one account they should be able to use both systems
but not at more than 64K or any limits we set on the ISDN part

Stephen Fisher wrote:

> I believe the connect rate option only applies to analog connections. You
> can use other options to keep them from doing ISDN such as Port-Type =
> "..."
>
> - Steve
> - Systems Manager
> - Community Internet Access, Inc.
> - Gallup and Grants, New Mexico
>
> On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, His Eminence, Lord GAD wrote:
>
> > If we set a user to 33,600 bps in the radius database, he/she can still
> > connect via ISDN at 64k or higher anyway. Bug? Mis-config? Let me know
> > your opinions.
> >
> > GAD
> > --
> > | http://www.planet.net/plordgad | lordgad@planet.net |

Christophe Prevotaux		| HEXANET SARL
HEXANET System Administrator	| Z.A Farman Sud
				| 9 rue Roland Coffignot
Email: nighty@hexanet.fr	| BP415 51689 Reims Cedex 2 FRANCE
Irc: nighty			| Tel: +33 (0)3 26 79 30 05