Re: (PM) Diff betw T1-Span & Ethernet Cables?

Robert M. Gutierrez (rmg@corp.webtv.net)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 14:25:31 -0800

On Sat, Nov 15, 1997 at 10:42:58PM -0500, Mark Radabaugh wrote:
> Went down in the basement and looked... The last Sprint guy out here stuck a
> 3' piece of flat satin in the line from the smartjack to the jack my PM-3 is
> plugged into. Didn't realize it was there till now. It seems to be working
> OK though.

I'd shoot myself if I ever did something like that.

With that in mind, most CSU/DSU mfgrs include a short flat satin run.
I've usually seen this only in DDS/ADN (56k) installs. I used a 10bT
cable anyway :)

And even with that in mind, most 66 block and/or DSX panel jumps are
not twisted also. This usually is on the order of 1-3 feet.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, the cable run to the customer prem is usually over
water-rotted 100 pair underground 24 gauge cable, etc...

Call Me Paranoid ;)

rob