Re: (PM) Service

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 13:48:09 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 17 Nov 1997, RTS wrote:

> I was just told by a local (no name) phone company the following:
>
> That if I use a T1 with AMI and 23 channels I can get the K56 technology to
> work on a PM3 or Ascend equipment. Basically it does NOT have to be ISDN
> PRI !
>
> Is this true????

Yes, as far as PM3s go. Dunno about Ascend, but I'd recommend the PM3s
anyway. And you get 24 channels that way, not 23. No dial-out yet on the
PM3, and if telco options the lines as DID, you won't be able to dial out
anyway. No big deal for most applications.

-- Jay Hennigan jay@west.net --
WestNet: Internet service to Santa Barbara, Ventura and the world.
805-892-2133 805-289-1000 805-578-2121