Re: (PM) Security glitch in COMOS (fwd)

Roy (garlic@garlic.com)
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 04:06:01 -0800

I will pursue the RFE with support. Security should work the same
between the logon prompt and PAP.

I wouldn't expect radius accounting to log attempts. Its much easier to
have the authenticating code do the logging. Its a one word change to
have radius write the attempts to syslog.

Any good security system will do logging of all attempts (good and bad)
as well as inhibiting a systematic attack.

To the ISPs reading this, you probably have already been broken into and
someone is using your customer's accounts for free access.

Roy