Re: (PM) DEAD AIR

Rick Krug (rick@tcccom.net)
Sat, 8 Nov 1997 11:30:16 -0600 (CST)

I have had this same problem with USR Total Control racks when the port
was set to inactive ("set modem snn inactive", followed by a "reset snn").
For reasons unexplained to me by USR, every so often, ports will go
inactive on their own.

We use CT1 with E&M wink for delivery. As far as our switch is concerned
(Harris 20/20), the call is completed. I see a wink from the modem, the
switch completes the call and then the caller gets dead air.