Re: (PM) Netstats not good

David Edwards (Gecker@Oakweb.com)
Sat, 08 Nov 1997 09:06:09 -0800

At 01:20 AM 11/8/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Ouch.. according to above, 573,189 collisions out of 1,011,842 packets
>sent you are getting a 56% collision rate! Over half of your packets sent
>out of it caused a collision with another packet. You should keep it
>under 1% or so :-) Also you don't want Ierrs or Oerrs or resets very
>often. Here is my PM3 on a switch:

Ouch is right. Check out my most resent stats. Got to give the PM3s
credit though for running well in such a bad network environment. Thanks
to all that replied, time to do some shopping for a switch ;)

Livingston PortMaster PM-3 ComOS 3.7.2
System uptime is 1 days 1 hours 22 minutes

Name Ipkts Ierrs Opkts Oerrs Collis Resets Queue
ether0 1591944 3309 1566749 10 836864 17 0

David Edwards
Black Oak Computers
Oakweb.com
California.net