Re: (PM) Scheduled Reboot

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Wed, 5 Nov 1997 00:16:12 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Jim Dickinson wrote:

> What would be your recommendation for software that I can use to schedule a
> PM3 reboot at 3 a.m., after upgrading the ComOS the day before? I run a
> fairly non-UNIX network, which I imagine puts me at a disadvantage. Is

Just add a pmcommand line to your crontab...oh, wait, NT doesn't have
crond does it? :)

Assuming you have some means of talking to the pm3 in a manner than can be
scripted, there are wide variety of utilities to choose from which can run
a program at a given time. For simplicity, you could probably rig a
script in some windows terminal software to log via the console port and
enter the reboot command.