Re: (PM) (ANNC) Livingston Digital Line Center

Eric Launder (eric@livingston.com)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 11:40:24 -0800

At 21:07:42 on Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Damien T. wrote:

>Since the FAQ and information on the Livingston web page gives the
>appearance that this is something done by Livingston as an entity (i.e.
>there is no mention anywhere that this is an outsourced arrangement), I
>couldn't help but poke a little fun at the fact that Livingston is
>undoubtably going to share in the sales agent commissions and monthy revenue
>that will be derived from the "Livingston Digital Line Center."
>
>Now, had the page said "we have an arrangement with a third-party company
>that will allow both Livingston and the ISPs using the service make some
>money from the Telcos for ordering what you'd order anyway" I'd never have
>given the service a second thought...<g>!
>
>A little honesty (or just being open) sometimes goes a long way.
>
>Damien

Just to be clear, Livingston is not making any money through the Digital
Line Center. We are passing the entire referral commission paid from the
sales agent (Cyberlink) directly to the customer. There is really no
"catch" or anything Livingston is doing to try to squeeze more money out of
customers. We are simply offering this service to our customers with the
hope that it will make it quicker and easier for customers to order and
obtain digital lines for use with Livingston products.

-eric-