Re: (PM) PM3 & 56k modems in Europe

Jukka Pakkanen (jukka.pakkanen@qnet.fi)
Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:27:31 +0200

Christian Gatti wrote:

> I am very interested in hearing how good
> or bad the new 56k modems perform in europe
> on EuroISDN PRI switches.
>
> Is the ADMIN/DOWN bug also present here
> with COMOS 3.7.1c1?

We have few modems in dows state every now and then,
but set mx off, set mx on resets them fine. The real
problem is the obvious incompatibility with several modems
brands and models. Many V.32bis and K56 modems just refuse
to talk to the new modems. Either there's no connection at
all, or it is 1200 or 2400bps. Interesting is that "sh mx"
says that there are usually no "Connection Failures" at all,
like there used to be a few, but ther are lots of "Modem
detects" errors instead.

Jukka