Re: (PM) PM3 & 56k modems in Europe

Miquel van Smoorenburg (list-portmaster-users@news.cistron.nl)
3 Nov 1997 19:20:58 +0100

In article <3.0.2.32.19971103184516.00b1fa7c@caladan.restena.lu>,
Christian Gatti <christian.gatti@ci.educ.lu> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am very interested in hearing how good
>or bad the new 56k modems perform in europe
>on EuroISDN PRI switches.

Well, we installed them last Saturday. I haven't seen connections higher
than 46000 and some users are experiencing stability problems (hangups).

>Is the ADMIN/DOWN bug also present here
>with COMOS 3.7.1c1?

Yep, sunday I spotted 3 modems (out of 50) in DOWN mode. However the last
24 hours I haven't seen any modems going DOWN.

Mike.

--
   Miquel van      | Cistron Internet Services   --    Alphen aan den Rijn.
   Smoorenburg,    | mailto:info@cistron.nl          http://www.cistron.nl/