(PM) Re:rcf

Butch Kemper (kemper@bihs.net)
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 09:01:53 -0600

There have been several messages during the past week discussing this
subject. But if you missed them, this is a quick summary:

Remote Call Forwarding: A telephone number that forwards incoming calls
to another number.

Useful when it is a LD call between town A and B but calls from town A
to town C and from town B to town C are local.

A RCF in town C forwards calls to the modem pool in town A and that
allows folks in town B to have access with a local call.

Butch

At 22:25 -0600 on 11/2/97, Stephen Fisher wrote:

> Whta are RCFs?
>
> - Steve
> - Systems Manager
> - Community Internet Access, Inc.
> - Gallup and Grants, New Mexico
>
> On Sun, 2 Nov 1997, Butch Kemper wrote:

> > -
> > To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> > 'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

Butch Kemper | Free sound advice available
Computer Network Solutions | "95% sound and 5% advice"
409-255-2731 | Refunds cheerfully provided