Re: 56k modems shipping? (fwd)

David Denney (daud@dim.com)
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 16:53:05 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 19 Aug 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time David Denney shaped the electrons to say...
> >EXCEPT, MZ uses a broke-dick mail program that strips out
> >reference headers and adds (fwd) to all his mail's subject.

> I use Elm. I just 'forward' back to the list because I'd rather do that
> than 'reply' and change the To: line, or 'group reply' because, personally,
> it annoys the hell out of me when people do that. I hate it when people
> do that and I get multiple copies of a letter because it goes to me, AND to
> lists I'm on.

Its still annoying, and could be easily handled by having the
reply-to of the list set to go to the list instead of the author.
Or maybe try mutt (which is like elm, but better) which handles
maillist traffic very well, and has many programmable options ...

> I've always done mailing lists this way, so changing now isn't likely.

I guess I can suggest to the author of mutt that he adds
a special MegaZone threading feature for those times when
regular threading functions can't work ... :)

--
David Denney           | D i m e n s i o n a l   C o m m u n i c a t i o n s |
daud@dimensional.com   |  Shell & PPP * $25/mo 33K/56Kbps * $50/mo 64K ISDN  |

protect your freedom, while you still can, finger me for PGP key, use it!