Re: 56K Modems - Do I really want mine?

Chad Scott (chad@txdirect.net)
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 13:15:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Scott Lagos wrote:

> So with all these reported problems with the 56K modems, is anyone willing
> to say..."Keep'em Livingston......and send them to me when they work."?

THIS IS *HALARIOUS*. All I can remember last month was, "SEND ME MY DAMN
MODEMS!" Now I'm hearing, "KEEP YOUR DAMN MODEMS!"

You've got people on one side saying ping times are down, connect rates
are up, and generally the Lucent stuff is a better modem. On the other
side, various Sportsters won't work (to which there is a workaround, I
believe), MWave's won't work (like they ever did in the first place), and
WinModems have problems (which is essentially a USR MWave).

Chad Scott | chad@txdirect.net
Systems Administrator | Voice 210-308-9800 x206
Internet Direct, Incorporated | FAX 210-308-9240
Finger chad@txdirect.net for PGP Public Key