RE: QUAKE/UDP/PM3

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 10:57:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Jordan Mendelson wrote:

> Ok, from Linux. I get about 140 ms latency (64 byte packets). MTU is set to
> 576, Van Jacobson compression is turned off. Modem compression wasn't disabled.
>
> This is from 3.5.1b20 with a Hayes Accura. (old modem cards). I have no
> problems playing QuakeWorld at all.

The MTU of 576 might be helping there. It's not a problem for us, since I
don't plan on putting the old cards back in, so I can't really check that
for sure. <G>

Was this on a local server, or somewhere else? Like, perhaps,
idSoftware's QuakeWorld server? (I have a list of a few servers that were
showing the problem)

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.