Re: BGP Table is growwwinngg.

Jonathan Lusky (lusky2@earth.voyageronline.net)
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 18:23:53 -0400 (EDT)

Phil Taylor writes:
> Hi,
>
> One of our customers got an eMail message from their upstream bandwidth
> provider today. Apparantly there has been a bit of a spurt of new routes
> recently and the size of the Internet's BGP table has caused some
> providers Cisco's with ONLY 32MB Ram to start falling over due to lack
> of memory.

You can't say Cisco without talking about a specific model and
configuration. A 4500M running IP-only 11.1.? can do two (but not three)
full BGP sessions with 32M. A 7206 running Enterprise 11.1.? can't even
do one in 32M from what I understand...

--
Jonathan R. Lusky		|  Voyager Online, LLC
Director of Network Operations	|  (423) 209-2929