Re: Supra Express 33.6

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:06:32 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997, CygNet Support wrote:

> We have a customer that can only connect at 26400 into our PM3. He
> can never get a full 33.6. Anyone else seen this and is there a fix
> or a good init string.
>
> He has dialed into a USR TC and got 33.6 but the PM3 only does 26400.

Is the USR TC yours, or someone else's?

If it's someone else's TC, then the TC might be set up differently than
your PM3. The TC might be fed by PRI, and your PM3 may be fed by CT1.

Also, we've seen lots of issues with a user calling identical modems in
two different locations. The caller might get 33.6 to one POP, and then
only 26.4 or 24.0 at another POP.

It could be that the TC is in a good location for this customer, and the
PM3 is in a bad location for the customer.

Of course, if this TC is yours, then I don't know what to tell you.

Brian