Re: Supra Express 33.6

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 03:47:18 -1000 (HST)

#1 seeing the beta 20 release notes:

This release does not address any 33.6Kbps modem connection issues.

So I'm thinking that bi-directional 33.6Kbps support is not yet in the
code. Also that they haven't really tweaked it as the new DSPs and code
are in the channel right now.

And as others have noted, your digital line type and location of COs can
also affect the connection rate.

> He has dialed into a USR TC and got 33.6 but the PM3 only does 26400.

The true test is what are his transfer speeds? If he only gets 3Kbps from
the 33.6Kbps connect as opposed to 3.1Kbps on the 26.4Kbps, which is
better?

Don't just rely on the reporting of the users 'initial' connect, ask him
to verify the 'feel' of the connection.

8) It's amazing how someone may have a 'slow' connect rate with us, but
still can browse quicker than some of our competitors with 'faster'
connections

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood