Re: OSPF checksum error on Cisco

Greg Skouby (gskouby@harborcom.net)
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:09:16 -0400 (EDT)

Alright, this is absolutely ridiculous that there is not a fix for this.
We called livingston. We got a response after 4 days of our network going
up and down with these bad checksum errors with OSPF. Another guy on the
list said they suggested to him that he turn off auth and maybe that would
clear things up. I agree with him that it is a bad idea to turn off auth.
The first thing the guy from livingston said was to try turning simple
passwd *on* and it will "ignore" the checksum. Obviously this is wrong
because we *are* and always have been using simple passwd. Anybody know
anything else about this? Zone??
Thanks for any help.

Greg Skouby
Harbor Communications