Re: Sierra Modem

Christopher Ostmo (costmo@rosenet.net)
Sun, 20 Jul 1997 14:01:57 -0800

On 19 Jul 97 at 20:30, Sherwood Portmaster-List put down his coffee
cup long enough to type:

> On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Luther D. Keal wrote:
>
> > One of my subscribers has an AST Advantage 8100-P with a Sierra 14.4 modem
> > and cannot connect to our PM-3 (OS b20).
>
> ;) at&buy_a_33.6
>
> actually check the chipset on it... is it rpi? if so disable
> error-checking.... hmm did I say error compression in another post?
>
> --

OK, let's read the original message again...

If it is a Sierra modem, then it probably does not contain a Rockwell
Protocol Interface chipset.

The init string that usually works for Sierra based 14,400 modems is:

AT&F&C1&D3\N6

Also, make sure the maximum speed, port speed, baud rate or whatever
the software the customer uses call it does not exceed 19,200.

I hope this helps...

Christopher Ostmo
a.k.a. costmo@rosenet.net
Rosenet, Inc.