Re: PLL Errors on 2501 -> PM3(Timing Probs?)

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 22:46:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Alex wrote:

> Same here. I bought an adtran TSU LT and have all kinds of error on there.
> I called Adtran and they took off all of the autos and set them to 0.0 on
> some and some other one I forget. Has been working without a hitch for the
> past two years!

Alex:
We tried 2 TSU LT's and had them both show the same failure in the
first day or two on a full T-1. The failure mode was first intermittant
operation and errors, then a full lockup. When I called Adtran they
immediately told us to not use any of the auto settings. We now have one
without any auto settings that has been working fine for a couple weeks.
I must say that at first I thought it was a thermal problem, but it may
be that they are right that the units are getting confused when auto
detecting the line during operation.

Chuck