Re: Why not to buy one of these

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 02:48:29 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Joe Brewer wrote:

> Has anyone worked with a Hayes 9400 access server? I never heard of
> them before my boss told me to eval one. 2PRIs, 48 modems (K56flex),
> and a $12k price tag. Sounds like a good deal, but Hayes isn't known
> for it's access servers and this *is* a new product.

Nope... why take a chance? The PM3 in my book is providing reliable
service at an attractive price, hmm, did Livingston start a trend with the
pricing per port or did someone else?

Also, you should have taken this to either inet-access or termservers
maillists .. ;)

Hey, call Hayes and see if you can beta/eval the unit?

> If anyone has some relevant experiences or comments on this device I
> would very much like to hear them. MZ is still away so we should be
> able to romp all over the list with this until he gets back ;-)

Carl aka cdr? should be watching over this list until MZ gets back... hehe

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood