Re: Mixed radius servers?? (Anyone know)

Adrian Carter (adrian@apic.net)
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 12:34:54 +1000

At 20:48 9/07/97 -0400, Howard Leadmon wrote:

[SNIP]

> So here is the real question. Can I upgrade my authentication servers to
>the new 2.0.1 code, yet still allow the PM's (we have PM2's and PM3's) to
>report the accounting data back to the 1.16 servers?? If so this will make
>life easier as I can make it a two-step process. Just not sure if having
>authentication on 2.x will cause trouble for a 1.x server recording
accounting
>data.

I was backed into a situation about 2 months ago before I got my PM3 to use
Meritt Realms (i.e, @something after the username). We went threw the
technical nightmare telling users how to move the mouse to the Username
section in Win95 (its hard with some! =) ). Anyway, when I got the PM3 I
wanted to use the Livingston Radius for Accounting so I could parse the
accounting files with some ease and have all the stuff like Connect-Info.
It all works fine and dandy, the only problem is I couldnt get Multi-Link
PPP to work from Meritt, I had to use a local user entry on the PM3.

Regards

Adrian

> Has anyone done this?? Livingston, will this work??

----
>Internet : howardl@abs.net | Howard D. Leadmon
>UUCP : wb3ffv!howardl | ABSnet Internet Services
>PHONE : (410)-361-8160 | 200 E. Lexington Street
>FAX : (410)-361-8162 | Suite-1602
>PACKET : WB3FFV @ WB3FFV.MD.USA.NA | Baltimore, MD 21202
>WWW : http://www.abs.net |

*Adrian Carter                                	Email: adrian@apic.net	*
*Network Administrator	 	              URL: http://www.apic.net/	*
*The Asia Pacific Internet Company Pty Ltd	Autoresp: info@apic.net	*
*  All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.  *
*           Phone: (+612) 9419-5333   Fax: (+612) 9419-5155			*