Re: PM3 stopping?

Leonard (pmfan@infinetgroup.com)
Sat, 5 Jul 1997 21:19:46 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Tom Samplonius wrote:
> b11? That was a closed beta that was only available direct from
> Livingston support. ALL closed betas have KNOWN problems. That should be
> obvious. If they were generally good, they would have been released as an
> open beta. The only reason why you are using a closed beta because you
> needed fixes/improvements in the beta urgently enought to risk closed beta
> code.
Yeah. we did get it in response to a problem, which it fixed nicely :)
And true, all betas and actually all final releases have problems, whether
known or not :)

> You ought to trash it and upgrade to b20. Not sure why you haven't done
> this already.
Reason we didn't upgrade to b20 was because we heard of much problems with
it and HSP chipsets and some USRs too. b11 has problems too, but
we've learnt to deal with them (so far), so we figured let's wait until
ComOS3.5.2

Hmmm. maybe i shouldn't wait afterall.....