Re: Traceroute *s with portmasters

Sherwood Portmaster-List (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 11:55:14 -1000 (HST)

On Sat, 5 Jul 1997, Mikel wrote:

First you did check the archives first right?

hmm, guess not.

Livingston's position is that the M$ implementation of traceroute aka
tracert is not to standard, as such older implementations for ComOS will
not respond to it. Look at the notes for ComOS 3.5.1b20 I believe, and
you'll find that Livingston has added the feature to it to allow tracert
to work like you think it should.

> With "any" Win95 and WinNT system I have connected to it, I get the following:
>
> When I do a traceroute to 203.24.16.1 I get:

[snip]

Don't take this as a snotty response, but people really should check the
archives first and do a little research...

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood