Re: missing STOP records

Miquel van Smoorenburg (miquels@cistron.nl)
1 Jul 1997 23:57:13 +0200

In article <m0wj6ih-0003yhN@glas.apc.org>,
Ilya Etingof <ilya@glas.apc.org> wrote:
>I've just noticed that if dialnet session (I used slip) has very small
>duration (about one second) then portmaster (PM2ER30, ComOS 3.5) does send
>accounting start but DOES NOT SEND accounting stop!
>
>This hardly affects our operation -- we have rather low quality PSN here
>in Moscow by the time so such a short dialup sessions are not very
>unusual...
>
>I would very appreciate any suggesstion on how to deal with this.

I see the same problem, but from another cause. Here's a copy of a
message I sent to support@livingston.com, I haven't got an answer yet.
I've also sent this to the list several times, but never got a reply.

Note that this is also a case of a _very_ short login, really - I
see some similarities here! MZ - if you're listening, could you ask
the developers if they are aware of this problem?