Re: Strange Problem. (fwd)

Jaime Bozza (wheelman@nuc.net)
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 16:53:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> >plug it back in. This morning, I swapped the location of the card with
> >another one, to see if I can isolate the problem to a particular slot, or
> >the card itself. Either way, this DOES cause a problem, since the PM3
>
> I think this is going to be important data. If it follows the card then it
> is most likely a HW fault with the card. If it stays with the slot, it
> could be a bug or, possibly (don't panic yet), a chassis issue.

Well. I swapped Card #4 (30-39) with Card #5 (40-47), and so far the
modems have not gone down. I'll keep watching. If they work fine, I'll
be REALLY curious as to why they stopped dying. Almost as if Slot #4
didn't like 10 modems. <G> (The "fault" slot now has an 8-modem card)

Either way, perhaps it's good that support hasn't returned my call yet.
Maybe I'll have more information for them.

Jaime Bozza
Nucleus Communications, Inc.