Re: PM-3 and Win NT

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 19:13:17 -0700

Mark M. Gengler wrote:

> Hi, I'm a startup ISP investigating digital modem solutions, and the
> PM-3 looks to be a great all-in-one solution. However, I have some concerns
> using it with my existing Windows NT Server 4.0 network, as it seems Radius and
> the rest of the software is geared towards UNIX (incidentally I run one UNIX
> box for DNS). Has anyone been using the PM-3 for PPP dialups with Win NT with
> any success? I'd especially like to hear how people think it compares to
> running just generic NT RAS. Thanks for any response, as this is an expensive
> descision for a product that might not work well...

There are a lot of people running Livingston Equipment with RadiusNT.
See
www.emerald.iea.com for more specifics. NT RAS is really a cruel joke
MS
played on those unfortunate enough to try it. It was never designed for
ISP use.

--
Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)
       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs