Re: VitalSigns NetMedic

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 23:11:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 28 Apr 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:

>How does the "set reported_ip" command work anyway?
>
>Does it just tell the user it is assigning them a certain ip address? Or
>does it do some sort of proxying so that they can use it as a gateway even
>if it is another portmaster?

As I understand it, it justs sets up a certain IP to report to the dialup
connections regardless of what the actual ethernet interface IP is. You
could look at it as a "virtual interface". That way you can deal with
software that HAS to know the other end's IP, even if you are connecting
with several PM's all with different ether addresses. You just give them
all the same IP number for "set reported"