Re: Sending Refuse Call - No Ports

John Harkin (jh@nbn.com)
Sat, 26 Apr 1997 20:22:26 -0700 (PDT)

Do a `sh isdn` and see if you have lots of restarts on one port. I had a
bad line on one of my 5BRI cards and excessive restarts would eventually
result in the 5BRI not being able to restart on the other lines if they
got interrupted. Let it go a while longer and the whole PM locks up and
has to be rebooted. That is the only way I know of to clear the 5BRI in
any case.

John

On Sat, 26 Apr 1997, Joe Hartley wrote:

> Well, here's one I've never seen before. I'll toss it out to the list
> since there's no Tech Support on the weekends....
>
> Two ports (one BRI) on a 5-BRI card show the following:
>
> --------------------- Current Status - ISDN Port S26 ------------------------
> Input: 38974083 Abort Errors: 621
> Output: 174402693 CRC Errors: 0
> Pending: 0 Overrun Errors: 1
> TX Errors: 0 Frame Errors: 126
> Modem Status: DCD- CTS+ TELCO+ NT1+ Disconnect:
>
> --------------------- Current Status - ISDN Port S27 ------------------------
> Input: 38773769 Abort Errors: 595
> Output: 173734147 CRC Errors: 41
> Pending: 0 Overrun Errors: 0
> TX Errors: 0 Frame Errors: 132
> Modem Status: DCD- CTS+ TELCO+ NT1+ Disconnect: invalid Call Ref
>
> This normally refers to the SPIDs being incorrect, but this circuit has
> worked for months and has not been modified.
>
> Going into the debug mode shows repeated instances of the following:
>
> S26/S27: Sending Refuse Call - No Ports
> S26: Received Disconnect Ack
> S26: Received Call Clear
> S26/S27: Sending Refuse Call - No Ports
> S26: Received Disconnect Ack
> S26: Received Call Clear
>
> An incorrect SPID would show up differently here - anyone have a clue
> what this means??? Is it the PM or the telco?

> Joe Hartley - jh@brainiac.com - brainiac services, inc
> PO Box 5069 : Greene, RI : 02827 - vox 401.539.9050 : fax 401.539.2070
> Without deviation from the norm, "progress" is not possible. - FZappa

John Harkin +1 415 472-1600 jh@nbn.com jh@best.net
Director of North Bay Operations, Best Internet Communications Inc.