Re: Ascend MAX4048 and MAX4060, What do they cost? (fwd)

Sherwood Pekelo (spekelo@iav.com)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:15:02 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Matthew S. Crocker shaped the electrons to say...
> >I don't know about anybody else on this list but I find it very annoying
> >and in very bad taste for an ascend employee to push Ascend products on
> >the Livingston list. If I wanted info I would join the Ascend list (which
>
> Kevin is here by my direct invitation.
>
> I am also on the Ascend list.
>
> Checks and balances. I think it is a very good thing to make sure we
> don't give out bad data on other products. There are other vendors on
> this list, but most choose not to post publically. *shrug* Don't know
> why not.

They don't want to get on SPAM lists.. ;)

> I don't consider anything Kevin has done 'pushing' Ascend products - he
> has presented answers to questions comparing the products, and corrected
> bad info. Same thing I do on the Ascend list.
>
> It isn't like he is posting their press releases and pricing announcements
> here.

Unfortunately, some marketing 'genius' has been sending unsolicited
e-mail, not with ascend directly...hehe that bob@msn.com or something like
that. I think it's amusing, personally, to see the crap marketing puts
out. Then when you slam the sales reps on a technical issue they
basically fold and crawl away. Kevin, in my opinion, is the Ascend
version of MZ and does a wonderful job supporting his line of products.
It is good to see comparisons of products and I think both companies
garner new ideas for up-coming products.

But what will happen if either company is merged or acquired by someone
else? *shudder* Let's just put that out of our minds...

Just a thought...

--
Aloha,

Sherwood