Re: Rumor...

Kevin Smith (kevin@ascend.com)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:52:16 -0700

At 05:11 PM 4/21/97 -1000, Sherwood Pekelo wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, David Davies wrote:
>
>> > I've heard a rumor that Monday Ascend will announce a 'PM-3 killer' -
>> > possibly the MAX 4048 - which is a 2 PRI unit with 48 modems for about
>> the
>> > same price.
>
>AHAHHA love Ascends marketing...from their web page today...
>
>'...48 or 60 concurrent access channels that may be comprised of V.34 or
>56 Kbps analog, 56/64 Kbps Frame Relay, or ISDN BRI.'
>
>How will the sales rep explain that PRI can't do 48 lines/channels?

Channelized T1 will do the 48 channels. PRI will do 47 (NFAS already there :).

>Another question on my mind, is their Series56 already with working
>K56Flex code?

Well the recent field trials would tend to suggest it is...

>'Extensive Security Features
> The MAX 4048 and 4060 support a broad range of security options.
>Ascend's industry-leading support of Remote Authentication Dial-In
>Services (RADIUS) is standard with every MAX 4048 and 4060, greatly
>simplifying the management of large-scale remote access applications.'
>
>Hey MZ, what is with the copyright fair-use etc on RADIUS, don't they need
>to credit Livingston with the RADIUS name? Love it when a competitor
>pushes for a Livingston offering aka RADIUS...
>
>Oh, well... I still haven't gotten a reply regarding my listing on Ascends
>page for my K56Flex equipment. *shrug* guess they want to ignore me or
>something... ANYONE FROM ASCEND WANNA COMMENT?!?

Ah. I thought it was a rhetorical question. I don't know what the source of
that email/spam was, so I don't know who is administering the list....

Kevin Smith Updated Service and Support
Customer Satisfaction Resources are now at:
Ascend Communications http://www.ascend.com/service