Re: Radius 2 & Accounting

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 16:29:05 -0600 (MDT)

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Paul Norton wrote:

> 1. Where can we get Radius 2? (I can't find it on the Livingston site).

ftp://ftp.livingston.com/pub/le/software/[platform]/radius2.tar.gz

> 3. For legacy reasons, we which to use the DEFAULT login with
> password="UNIX". This creates some sub-issues:
>
> a) Are there any scripts that let you monitor who is on line?

The "pmwho" program lets you probe any number of Portmasters from the Unix
shell prompt and it will do a "show sessions" and only display the active
ports. You can get pmwho from:

ftp://ftp.abc.se:/pub/pmwho/pmwho.c

> b) Is there a way to temporarily disable a users account (say when a
> monthly limit is reached) without manually modifying the /etc/passwd
> file?

No. I just type vipw and put a * at the beginning of the user's encrypted
password.

> 4. Are there any major issues an ISP should know about with the PM2e
> before shelling out $5.5K?

$5.5K? I usually get PM2e/30's for a bit over $3K.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico