Re: Extra Charge for 56K

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 18:25:01 -0600 (MDT)

I'm currently looking at the 56K issue like charging more for 33.6K users
over 28.8K users. Rare is it that users will even get 33.6K (so imagine
how often they will get even close to 56K connections..) so I doubt they
will use much more bandwidth at all. Also, almost everyone has to
physically swap out their modems to support 56K so many will put it off /
not do it at all.

I'm going to stick with my flat-rate pricing since it is very easy and
works well. It is like "all you can eat" meals; you charge one price and
rely on the fact that most people won't eat much and just a few will but
you made up for it with the other people. No problem for me. I would
hate to be charged by the minute/hour to learn on the Internet personally.

:)-