Re: Lots of K56Flex deployment questions

Steve Haynes (steve@exis.net)
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:22:04 -0400 (EDT)

Joe,

Thank you very much for the quality response. I think I have a better
understanding now of the new product.

To clarify one last point. I believe I understand that Livingston will
use their existing analog modem code and incorporate just "The 56K
Modulation Code" from lucent.

If this is correct then one of my greatest fears is put to rest. I was
concerned that the entire modem code was being replaced, and as such we
would be back at the starting gate, like the inital release of of OS for
the PM3.

We did have some PPP and other assorted problems with the first
release of the code (Some of our normal users could not handshake
properly/would connect but did not have routing etc), but as we only had a
small pool of testers working with us on that new code, it was not a
serious situation. Those problems were cleared up and the PM3's have
served us well.

I do expect some problems/changes in the K56Flex code as it is put to the
test, but did not want to face problems with our normal modem users.

Again, thanks for the quality answer and this reafirms my decision to
stick with the Livingston product.

Regards,

Steve Haynes
CEO ExisNet, Inc.