(no subject)

Dick St.Peters (stpeters@NetHeaven.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:35:23 -0400

Jeffrey J. Mountin writes:
> At 01:46 PM 4/13/97 -0600, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> >
> >But then it can't give out the primary/secondary name server to users that
> >ask their ISP to provide it via PPP, can it?
>
> Works just fine with 95. Only recently tried this to see if it did work
> and I didn't break something when I reconfigured.

In other words, a PM configured to use NIS will tell Win95 clients to
use its NIS servers as DNS servers.

Having spent a long time on a DNS-less NIS network in a past life, I
rather suspect there are some corporate PM & NIS users who would not
consider this a feature ...

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters@NetHeaven.com
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Ballston Spa, NY, 1-800-910-6671 (voice)