(no subject)

Jeffrey J. Mountin (sysop@mixcom.com)
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 02:09:05 -0500

At 01:46 PM 4/13/97 -0600, Stephen Fisher wrote:

>But then it can't give out the primary/secondary name server to users that
>ask their ISP to provide it via PPP, can it?

Works just fine with 95. Only recently tried this to see if it did work
and I didn't break something when I reconfigured. After all it does give
the IP address, not hostname, in HEX.

It grabbed the right gateway too. Guess I should haved saved the debug and
PPPlog.txt, but it does show up in both.

>On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:
>
>> If it bothers you, you can change from DNS to NIS and then it will not
>> try to resolve, which IMHO is better. Why hit your DNS server(s) for no
>> real good reason. In RADIUS clients, use IPs not hostnames.

Jeff Mountin - System/Network Administrator
jeff@mixcom.net

MIX Communications
Serving the Internet since 1990